Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mac 2018

Here I am...

Sitting alone in the Company Man office, supervising night shift in a drilling site surrounded by mountainous region of Musandam, Oman.

My last post for this blog was on 31st December 2009. Almost 8 years and 4 months had passed since then.

I guess nowadays people don't blog anymore. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are more accessible. I've spent the past 8 years on these social medias too.

Too many things have happened. I got married on 4th June 2011. Abah had passed away on my first wedding anniversary on 4th June 2012. I was lucky to be next to him during his last breathe.

I have developed Kem Cangkat Budaya after Abah's departure. I managed to form a new Rover crew in KL in 2010. Alhamdulillah, many KL Scouts had came to train their Scouting skills there. Some of them managed to achieve King's Scout Award too.

Since January 2014, I've been on and off to Oman to work. Still with the first company that hired me back then in January 2008. Means this year, I've been working with them for 10 years already.

From my last post, I have met a lot of new wonderful friend while Scouting in Kuala Lumpur. I am glad to know them. At one time, I almost lost my passion in Scouting movement, but things have changed a lot after knowing them.

I now have a nephew and niece, the children of my elder brother. They live far at Tawau, but I will most probably see them during Aidilfitri this year. My sister is still working at her old place.

My wife is working as an auditor now. She is doing great both in her career and ACCA studies. I know she will be a good auditor / accountant one day. We are not yet blessed with kids but lead a happy life together.

Since my JB time, I've been focusing a lot on Sea Scouting to assist Abang Man's effort. Really enjoyed to work with him. And I didn't have any clue that I will lose him too soon. Abang Man passed away on 4th February 2015. Almost three years now, and I still feel the loneliness.

I now got a lot of good youths in my Rover crew as well. Never imagined to have this kind of big Scouting family. They are all young ladies and gentlemen with good attitude and high determination in Scouting. And we've been doing a lot of activities since 2010.

Maybe my next post will be 10 years later, or maybe this is the last. But looking back at all these years, I am still just an ordinary person, fragile one. Still clueless about life. Just try to do my best at every moment while sometimes conflicting with myself.

May Allah show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment